Monday 8 January 2018

Happy 2018!

Hello parents and students of Room 204!

Welcome to a new year!

I hope you had a wonderful break, and spent some time together.  It definitely was cold, so maybe you didn't get out much.

A new year always means a fresh start.  So we're going to be setting goals, trying new things, and working hard for the rest of the year. I hope you will support your child's learning by encouraging them to read for at least 20-30 minutes EVERY day, writing in their Writer's Notebooks twice a week, and handing it in for feedback, and talking to your child about what they are learning.

We have a PA Day on Friday, January 18.  Report cards are coming up in February.  I also want to let you know that I am having some surgery, and will be away for about a week Thursday, January 25 in the afternoon until Friday, February 2.  I hope all will go well.

With all the snow, it's really important that your child have a pair of indoor shoes to keep at school in order to keep our classroom dry and safe, and to be safe in Gym class.

I look forward to working with all of you the rest of the year.

Happy 2018.

Ms. Bordonaro

No comments:

Post a Comment