Thursday 7 February 2019

Hello Again

Hello

I am so sorry for not posting.  It has been a very unusual couple of weeks with the weather and with very few students showing up for school.  It has been difficult to continue with regular programming, so I was waiting for all students to return.

Students seem to be struggling to settle back into routines and work.  It is very important that we focus during class time.  We only have 4 1/2 months left here at Thorncliffe, and we still have a lot of work to do.

On Monday, January 26, we attended a really fun hockey game between York University and University of Toronto.  Students watched the game, cheered, and generally enjoyed the outing. They also behaved wonderfully, and were terrific representatives of our school. I hope they also related it to their hockey unit in Gym.

On Monday, February 11, we welcome Ms. Browne to our classroom.  She is a Teacher Candidate with Queen's University, and she will be with us until March Break (4 weeks).  Ms. Browne will spend the first few days observing and getting to know the students, and then will be teaching Math, Language, and possibly some Social Studies and Art.  I know the students will treat her with the same respect they would treat all teachers.

Report cards go out next week, and I am only contacting parents who I feel I need to see because of academic or behavioural issues.  If you do not receive a letter, it means I am happy with your child's progress.

The rest of the year will probably go very quickly, so we need to focus and work hard.

Thank you again for supporting your child's learning.  Don't forget to ask your child specific questions about their school day.  For example, ask "What did you do in Math?" or "Tell me about an activity in Language", instead of asking "What did you do at school today?"

Sincerely,

Ms. Bordonaro


1 comment:

  1. its me aminas mom hello miss bordanaro how r u i want to ask when is graduation what day in june

    ReplyDelete